- Mesothelioma is a type of lung cancer which arises from growth of cancerous cells lining the chest or abdominal cavities.
- Mesothelioma is an asbestos induced lung cancer.
- Doctors use a special instrument called thoracoscope to diagnose mesothelioma affected chest.
- Peritoneoscope is used to diagnose the abdomen for mesothelioma.
- A biopsy can help diagnose mesothelioma.
Asbestos-related disorders facts
Though mesothelioma is the asbestos induced disease,cancer the known cause is only asbestos exposure.But some disorder facts are there about asbestos.
- Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral and it is one of the most commonly used material everywhere in the construction, industries,shipbuilding etc. that has been linked to human lung disease.
- All forms of asbestos increase the risk of development of serious respiratory infections and lung disease